Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sounds Like Garner Ted Armstrong To Me

Recently Esquire released this profile of Newt Gingrich by John H. Richardson, Newt Gingrich: The Indispensable Republican. The Left have been all over this article because for the first time his ex-wife, Marianne Gingrich, has spoken out. Many of them point out this passage in particular. It describes what happened after Newt Gingrich admitted having an adulterous affair.
He asked her to just tolerate the affair, an offer she refused.

He’d just returned from Erie, Pennsylvania, where he’d given a speech full of high sentiments about compassion and family values.

The next night, they sat talking out on their back patio in Georgia. She said, “How do you give that speech and do what you’re doing?”

“It doesn’t matter what I do,” he answered. “People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live."
Didn't Garner Ted Armstrong say something similar regarding why he continued preaching even though he indulged in adulteries?
[Garner Ted Armstrong] then elaborated to me in his defense that he felt he was specially "called" to preach his father's gospel. He declared that he must preach against adultery in others, even though he, himself, was personally guilty. "Put me behind bars, slip my food to me, keep me in solitary confinement," he said dramatically, "but put a microphone in front of me because I must preach this message to the whole world!" Once again I wrongly concluded that Ted had slipped under "emotional pressure." Sadly I walked away and tried to forget it. (Al Carozzo, The Profligate Son, Ambassador Report, 1977.)
Newt Gingrich acting just like Garner Ted Armstrong.

I am somewhat concerned that the focus of the article is on this part of it, because the rest of the article is a truly fascinating portrait of Newt Gingrich. The rest of the article is well worth checking out.

1 comment:

  1. Politicians are all sociopaths just like religious figures. They seek power over other humans. Innocent humans that have no understanding of human psychology.

    Read what Douglas Becker said on the Painful Truth blog about this type of scum. Just remember that these people are in all political systems in all the countries of the world. Past and present.

    http://tinyurl.com/2ec7ljf

    ReplyDelete