The explanation goes something like this:
And so after using various ideas and concepts which are explained in the last blog HWA and Co. arrived at the following conclusions:
- The Times of the Gentiles (2520 years from fall of Babylon 539 BC-1982) ends when Jesus Christ solidifies total world domination.
- Jesus Christ must therefore return before 1982.
- There is a prophetic significance to the Hebrew Calendar and 19 year time cycles.
- The Apostolic Church was only able to preach the truth for two 19 year time cycles (AD 31-69) before fleeing to a place of safety.
- The Radio Church of God will only have two 19 year time cycles (January 7, 1934-January 7, 1972) before fleeing to a place of safety, probably Petra.
- The Great Tribulation lasts for three and a half years till the return of Jesus Christ (1972-1975).
- Jesus Christ gradually establishes total world domination (1975-1982).
- Times of the Gentiles end (1982).
31-50: Church preaches to Jews.
50-69: Church preaches to Gentiles.
69: Church flees to 'place of safety' (Pella).
1934-1953: Church preach to USA.
1953-1972: Church preach to world.
1972-1975: Church flees to Petra and world endures Great Tribulation ending with the Second Coming.
1975 -1982: Christ solidifies total world domination. Gog and Magog defeated.
1982: Times of the Gentiles ends with Christ having total world domination.
And this is why thousands of people in the 1950s and 1960s became convinced that Jesus Christ would return in 1975. Those who claim that HWA and Co. did not preach this are wrong.