Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unclean Foods

Douglas Winnail has unleashed another article demonizing "unclean foods".

My heart goes out to all the people who will decide to abandon such foods because of this article.

When I was first hooked onto Armstrongism I vacillated over whether these food laws were in effect today. One day I decided to study the Bible and I came to the conclusion that unclean meats did not apply to Christians today.

But then I read Winnail's earlier article (which is very similar to the "new" article) on this subject and from that point on I steadfastly resisted eating unclean meats until the day I discovered that Armstrongism is a fraud.

Why did I act that way? Because they had won my trust and so when I read this conclusion from Winnail I assumed that they know much more than me so I had better do what they say. "God will be pleased by such things and it will be good for me," I said to myself. This placed a totally unnecessary burden upon my loved ones that I regret.

Today I now see that Armstrongism is not a reliable interpretation of Scripture. Therefore I see no need to follow this practice. I should have followed my first interpretation but I was tricked.

An alternative view on this issue by xHWA may be seen here.

False prophecies and HWA's plagiarism prove that God is not with Armstrongism. We cannot rely on their instructions on this or any other topic. They are in a kingdom of error. We do not need to listen to them.

1 comment:

  1. I thank God that you're out, RedFox!

    Never you mind about the past mistakes. Today is the day the Lord has made, let us all rejoice and be glad in it. But you're putting your mistakes to fabulous use by helping others to learn from them. Thanks!

    "False prophecies and HWA's plagiarism prove that God is not with Armstrongism. We cannot rely on their instructions on this or any other topic. They are in a kingdom of error. We do not need to listen to them."

    AMEN!!

    ReplyDelete