Today's Trumpet column "Will the Muslim Brotherhood Close the Suez Canal?" linked on realclearpolitics.com and realclearreligion.org. Nice!'Alas it is true.
Here's the article mentioned.
Let's respond to this.
I have sent the following email to the editors of realclearreligion.org:
After reading this tweet (http://twitter.com/I greatly encourage you to send a similar email to them. If we speak up together there will be a greater chance that they will act upon this concern.
StephenFlurry/status/) I learned that your website offered a link to a story by one Joel Hilliker, entitled "Will the Muslim Brotherhood Close the Suez Canal?" He is an employee of the Philadelphia Church of God (PCG) which runs thetrumpet.com. 32905801584607232
I am concerned that you may be unaware of the true nature of this organization.
This organization has been known to engage in destructive behavior and hence is widely known as a destructive, mind control cult.
- Members hold this superstition that using medicines is somehow an offense against God and members have been known to refuse to take medical treatment. Some have even died because of this doctrine of death, such as Australian member Garth MacDonald in 2006 (See: http://www.exitsupportnetwork.
- If any member should wish to leave they are shunned by all members. PCG members are required to have "no contact" with those who leave.
- Furthermore PCG members are strickly forbidden from having contact with members of their parent organization, the Worldwide Church of God, which was founded by Herbert W. Armstrong, or any other organizations springing from WCG. Those who belong to such organizations are denounced as "Laodiceans" who are viewed as cursed by God and not worthy of any social contact. (See: http://www.pcog.info/ptmmtp.
- PCG members are also required to pay three tithes.
- Their leader, Gerald Flurry, is held to be "That Prophet" and an Apostle.
If you wish to see more information about this organization you might wish to investigate the following sites:
- They do not believe in the Trinity, instead they say God is a family of beings into which believers can be born into.
Ambassador Report on PCG
Exit and Support Network
The Plain Truth about Malachi's Message and That Prophet (written by a former member)
Because of these facts I have put this to your attention. This is the organization which Joel Hilliker represents. I fear that this fine website has allowed a such a man to be mentioned without being aware of the facts about this organization.
I emphasize that I do not bring this organization to your attention because of their viewpoint regarding politics. I bring them to your attention because of the abusive practices which are forced upon members, particular their fear of medicine and their No Contact policy.
I have brought these facts to your attention in order for you to be aware of the true nature of this organization. You deserve to know what sort of organization PCG is.
Because of these terrible things I ask you to look into these matters and delete the link to Joel Hilliker's story (ideally with an explanation as to why) and not to link to them. I ask this to honor those who are suffering because of these cruel practices and to hopefully prevent anyone else falling into this abusive cult.
Thank you in advance for your attention on this matter.