Gerald Flurry has once again made this boastful claim in his new book that was released during their (incorrectly observed) Feast of Tabernacles, The Former Prophets: How to Become a King.
Whether people realize it or not, the PCG is the only Church today that reveals the true God! (Gerald Flurry, The Former Prophets: How to Become a King, Chapter 10, p. 215.)This is of no surprise to those who paid attention to what Gerald Flurry has been saying over the years.
Here is the paragraph in which Flurry said those words. Here Flurry is comparing HWA and himself to Elijah. Although Flurry elsewhere makes a point of not claiming to partake of the (supposed) glory of HWA he effectively does this regardless by claiming to be the sole legitimate spiritual successor to HWA.
The name Elijah means “My God is God.” That says a lot. Elijah revealed the true God. At the same time, he exposed all religions, except his own, as false! Mr. Armstrong did the same work. The PCG follows in that tradition. Whether people realize it or not, the PCG is the only Church today that reveals the true God!This is nonsense. PCG teaches many things which are provably untrue. How can God be with them? PCG is the creation of all too fallible human beings, not of God.
British Israelism as taught by PCG and other COG groups is untrue. As Silenced.co showed British Israelism is built on a foundation of sand. In fact DNA evidence refutes British Israelism.
Gerald Flurry's PCG has even changed HWA's book, Mystery of the Ages, the book PCG claims to love and adore so much.
Also it needs to be stated that it is widely known that many of the ideas within Malachi's Message were plagiarized from The Letter to Laodicea by Jules Dervaes, written December 1986-January 1988. It was sent to 237 WCG ministers including Gerald Flurry and John Amos. In fact on September 26, 1990 Jules Dervaes sent a letter to Gerald Flurry in which he denounces Malachi's Message as "a direct and clear plagiarism" of his work.
The God Family doctrine as taught by PCG is complete nonsense.
Isaiah 42:8: "I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."Here are some other posts that discuss the God Family doctrine.
Isaiah 43:10: "Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."Isaiah 44:6: "Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God..."Isaiah 44:8: "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." (From Mike of Mike's Enlightenment Page.)
- The God Family discusses how I first learned of this doctrine and how Roderick C. Meredith claim it was 'revealed' to HWA's group.
- A Problem in the God Family Doctrine discusses how HWA taught that humanity was simply Plan B for God. According to HWA God originally intended to have Angels govern the Universe but Lucifer's rebellion forced God to create Humanity instead. This aspect of HWA's God Family doctrine is never discussed in Stephen Flurry's booklet.
- Called to the Truth? Will all in the God kingdom be Equal? discusses how the COGs teach that those who become God Beings at the return of Christ will be superior in rank then all other people who become God Beings afterwards, even though all are supposedly as fully God as God is God. The COGs nevertheless teach that there will be ranks and that the God Family will be divided into an elite (the deified church) while the rest will be inferior in rank. This aspect of the God Family doctrine is never discussed in Stephen Flurry's booklet.
- Why I no longer believe in the God Family doctrine (and never will) (offsite article by Felix Taylor Jr.) discusses how the God Family doctrine is simply not in the Bible.
- Reading PCG's Booklet, God is a Family discusses Stephen Flurry's booklet (1995) which teaches the God Family doctrine. It also discusses how Stephen Flurry misleadingly uses a Protestant commentary to insinuate the Bible teaches the God Family when the author of this commentary never taught the God Family doctrine at all.
Considering these faults how dare PCG claims to be the only true church?